Monday, March 12, 2012

Enough of meaninglessness; let's talk semi-colons!

Enough of meaninglessness. Time for grammar!
(For those of you who think that grammar is the height of meaninglessness, fie on you, and a pox upon your house! I would put forth "placement of the salad fork" as the height of meaninglessness.)
My love for the semi-colon is well-known. When I was a part of the constitution and by-law task force last year, my love for the red-headed step-child of the punctuation family reached epic proportions. Even now, when we read the Nicene Creed in church, the members of the committee will seek me out and exclaim, "Did you see those semi-colons?"
Of course.
I was reminded of this last week when reading a friend's Facebook link to The Three Uses of Irony, by theoatmeal.com and from there discovered to my delight the following article. Enjoy.
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/semicolon

No comments:

Post a Comment